OK, I am officially rubbish at keeping up with my blog!! I have blog posts in my head, but never seem to get round to actually writing them down, especially when I haven't got anything particularly 'exciting' to write about, like a Finished Object. I must work on not being embarrassed to post whatever I fancy on my own blog, lol!
Anyway, I thought that since I actually have a FO or two to post about, I would take the time to write a post!
Presenting....the Seafoam Granny Square Blanket!
I ordered the yarn for this blanket back in January, and worked on it sporadically throughout the spring. I decided to use a combination of traditional granny squares, Attic24's Summer Garden Granny Squares and Flowers in the Snow squares I found on Ravelry. I decided to use Stylecraft Special DK again, and ordered Cream, Sherbert, Cloud Blue, Aspen and Spring Green, as I was planning to crochet some flowers and leaves to attach to the squares. I hadn't realised Aspen would prove to be quite such a bold greeny colour (the perils of internet shopping!), but I think the colours work well together. I was too lazy to crochet flowers to attach, so I just incorporated the Spring Green into the squares.
I used the join-as-you-go technique to join my squares which saved loads of time, and also saved me from losing squares in my various project bags and boxes.
Finished off with the granny blanket edging found at Attic24.
It took me months to finish sewing in all the ends. In fact, I even pressed it into service on the bed before I'd fully completed it. I did a few squares at a time - whilst on the phone, or watching TV. I did take it round to my mum's one day, where we sat out the back for a pleasant hour or so, weaving in all the ends together. Finally, this weekend, it was all finished! I've enjoyed admiring it spread across the bed, without those pesky ends sticking up everywhere, and I've been lucky enough to get some lovely comments on it on Flickr.
I haven't got all the measurements yet, but I will get round to that soon hopefully!